Origination, LLC - Div. of Pestell Nutrition
1802 Wooddale Drive, Ste. 200 | Woodbury, MN 55125
Pestellnutrition.com | OriginationO2D.com
Pestell Nutrition has been a leading distributor of minerals & feed ingredients, feed additives, and pet specialty ingredients to a diverse customer base of pre-mixers, feed mills, and pet food companies within the animal nutrition and pet food sectors across Canada and the US for over 45 years.
Origination, LLC, a division of Pestell Nutrition, founded in 1945 and headquartered in Woodbury, MN, operates as a value-added distributor of animal feed ingredients, branded proprietary feed products, and pet specialty ingredients serving the Midwest and broader U.S.
Key Account Sales Manager for Pet Food job profile
Are you an energetic, motivated, driven, and articulate team player who is passionate about sales, account management, and the customer experience?
If so, you might be the perfect candidate we are looking for!
We are seeking to hire a skilled Key Account Manager who will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our most important clients.
Our ideal candidate can identify customer needs and is zealous about exceeding client expectations.
Key Account Manager duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strategic long-term trusting relationships with high volume major clients to accomplish organic growth and long-term company objectives
- Focus on and identify prospective growth opportunities with U.S. pet food manufacturers
- Collaborate with pet specialty ingredients team to develop and enhance sales strategies, products, and programs to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling to existing portfolio
- Serve as contact point for key customers and internal team members
- Research, collaborate, and suggest solutions that answer clients’ needs and wants
- Ensure the ordered products are delivered in a timely manner
- Resolve customers' feedback in an effective, timely, and respectful manner
- Gather, report, and communicate customers' feedback on service, technology, and product delivery
- Measure, track and analyze key account metrics
- Analyze sales performance to sales targets and provide updates and reporting to management
- Monitor market trends, competitive environments, and best practices
Key Account Manager qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years’ previous experience in the pet food or livestock feed industry or relevant experience
- Experience in sales, key account management, and client services preferred
- Technical understanding and application of nutrition to the pet food category
- Extensive travel is required in U.S., where pet food manufactures are located; must reside close to international airport
- Current valid driver’s license and insurance with a safe driving record
- Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Aptitude in networking and building relationships
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines
- Problem-solving and negotiation aptitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
What can Pestell Nutrition offer you?
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Attractive bonus plan
- Strong employee health benefits plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Opportunities for advancement
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- We require indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
- To apply for this position, submit your cover letter/resume. Please refer to job reference code PN/KAM in the subject line. NO CALLS PLEASE.
- Any inquiries related to this ad will be kept confidential.
- To learn more about our organizations, please visit us at: pestellnutrition.com and www.originationo2d.com